Petro-Canada retail operators are energetic, hands-on individuals who are service oriented and possess strong leadership skills. Petro-Canada core offerings include fuel, convenience items, coffee and may also include a car wash or an A&W quick-serve restaurant.
Am I the right candidate?
A single-site operator is someone who:
- Can multi-task, has an appreciation for excellence in guest service and is highly involved in day-to-day operations
- Possesses strong leadership skills to run a staff of approximately five to 20 employees
- Is results-focused, decisive, trustworthy, professional and respectful
- Is able to consistently execute on our site operating procedures
- Is proficient in English and/or French (both written and oral)
- Has an aptitude for accounting, bookkeeping, budget process, maintaining image standards and basic merchandising techniques
- Possesses the skills to identify potential in-store thefts and security issues, and puts actions into place to resolve and prevent
- Has the initial working capital investment (amount varies by location)
Investing in the Opportunity
A Petro-Canada retail location requires a substantial investment. Total investment could be up to $220,000, depending on the size of the retail outlet and its location.
This investment includes:
- Security deposit for fuels — amount varies based on site size
- Working capital — payroll, supplies, utilities and other start-up costs
- Site inventories — amount varies based on site size
- First month retail licensee fee or first month's rent
- Equipment purchase/office equipment plus furniture
Petro-Canada has a financing package for certain Single-Site business opportunities, which allows successful candidates to enter into a retail relationship with a minimum unencumbered cash deposit. Pending credit approval, the balance to be financed is borrowed from a Canadian chartered bank, subject to their approval. All retail operators are responsible for the repayment of the capital borrowed.
How to Apply
To complete the application, please have this information handy:
- Educational background
- Work experience
- Business references (employers or business contacts)
- Bank account numbers and statement of finances
Find gas station and convenience store locations