Petro-Canada retail operators are energetic, hands-on individuals who are service oriented and possess strong leadership skills. Petro-Canada core offerings include fuel, convenience items, coffee and may also include a car wash or an A&W quick-serve restaurant.
Am I the right candidate?
A single-site operator is someone who:
- Has relevant retail sales and operations experience – fuel, convenience store or quick serve (fast food) restaurant would be an asset
- Can multi-task, has an appreciation for excellence in guest service and is highly involved in day-to-day operations
- Possesses strong leadership skills to run a staff of approximately five to 20 employees
- Ability to train using a hands-on, shoulder-to-shoulder approach “show, try and do” where required
- Is results-focused, decisive, trustworthy, professional and respectful
- Is able to consistently execute on our site operating procedures
- Is proficient in English and/or French (both written and oral)
- Has an aptitude for accounting, bookkeeping, budget process, maintaining image standards and basic merchandising techniques
- Possesses the skills to identify potential in-store thefts and security issues, and puts actions into place to resolve and prevent
- Has the initial working capital investment (amount varies by location)
Investing in the Opportunity
A Petro-Canada retail location requires a substantial investment. Total investment could be up to $220,000, depending on the size of the retail outlet and its location.
This investment includes:
- Security deposit for fuels — amount varies based on site size
- Working capital — payroll, supplies, utilities and other start-up costs
- Site inventories — amount varies based on site size
- First month retail licensee fee or first month's rent
- Equipment purchase/office equipment plus furniture
Petro-Canada has a financing package for certain Single-Site business opportunities, which allows successful candidates to enter into a retail relationship with a minimum unencumbered cash deposit. Pending credit approval, the balance to be financed is borrowed from a Canadian chartered bank, subject to their approval. All retail operators are responsible for the repayment of the capital borrowed.
How to Apply
If your experience matches the skills and qualities outlined in the Am I the Right Candidate section above, please provide your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
We ask that you include:
- Educational background
- Work experience
- Business references (employers or business contacts)
Our online application is temporarily down for maintenance. Find gas station and convenience store locations
Contact us if you require additional information.