Petro-Canada’s SuperPass™ program can simplify your workday while increasing control, security and convenience.
The SuperPass program can help you save time and money by providing effective fleet management tools for your business: purchase controls, Personal Identification Number (PIN)-protected cards, customizable reports, and other security and control features.
Looking for SuperPass Online? We've moved! Please update your bookmark with the new address.
Help guard against fraud and theft. The SuperPass program works to safeguard the security of your business. Here are some of the built-in security features:
Each card comes with a unique and confidential PIN to prevent unauthorized use of the card. You can assign a PIN in three ways:
- Driver-assigned cards (single PIN)
Each driver is issued a confidential four-digit PIN with their SuperPass card. Drivers enter their PIN at the time of purchase, and their transactions are recorded. You can view transaction details weekly or monthly by reviewing purchase reports.
- PIN-protected cards prevent misuse
- No need to wait to sign receipts
- No need for paper receipts as proof of transaction
- Vehicle-assigned cards† (multi PINs)
Vehicle-assigned cards are for several drivers†, each assigned their own PIN.
- Fewer cards to manage
- Purchase report identifies transactions by driver
- Single-station cards† (multi PINs)
Petro-Canada retailers control single-station SuperPass cards. Drivers may use the card kept at any retail service station by entering their assigned PIN.† Purchase reports will log all driver transactions.
- Direct drivers to make purchases at specific service stations
- Reduces the risk of lost or stolen cards
Add another layer of security by customizing your SuperPass cards with company and driver information. There are two ways to customize:
- Emboss cards with individual drivers’ names, department names/numbers, vehicle numbers and more
- Add your company logo (a small monthly fee applies)
Top of page
Unlike many other credit cards, the SuperPass card helps you to control what, where and when your drivers buy. This can save you money and reduce misuse of the card. You can also customize controls at any time using your SuperPass Online account.
Set any of these controls for all drivers, a single driver or a selection of drivers:
- Access to products and services
- Control the grade or fuel type
- Prevent the purchase of certain types of products and services such as tobacco, car washes and general merchandise
- Access to facilities by type and geography
- Control which retail service stations and/or truck stops drivers visit
- Access U.S. truck stops
- Control the facilities drivers visit by province or by site address
- Choose retail service stations, Petro-Pass™ truck stops, or build your own custom network
- Purchase limits
- Set spending limits on fuels and non-fuel products
- Time of purchase
- Control the time of day or day of week that drivers can buy products and services
- Cash advances at U.S. truck stops
- Control the amount of cash that drivers can withdraw at U.S. truck stops daily, weekly or in an emergency
Itemized Statement Summary & Statement Details
With the Petro-Canada SuperPass program you get a statement summary and transaction details, allowing you to make cost-effective decisions based on purchase data analysis—quickly and easily. View your summary and reports, at any time, using your SuperPass Online account.
|| Statement Details|
The Petro-Canada SuperPass statement summary gives you a comprehensive look at your company's Petro-Canada SuperPass account in a very simple format. You can have it faxed, mailed or access it online at any time. SuperPass Online can also send an automatic notification by email when your statement is ready. Look for these features and more:
- Account statement includes: balance forward, payments received, current purchases (totals by fuel and non-fuel purchases), other charges and adjustments, and amount due
- Account aging
- Fuel and non-fuel purchase totals by facility type, including retail service stations in Canada, truck stops in Canada and truck stops in the U.S.
Get a complete list of statement summary features at SuperPass Online‡ Statement details
Spot trends and analyse your business with Petro-Canada SuperPass detailed transaction summaries. Track fleet expenditures by card, vehicle or driver and summarize data according to department, cost centre or geographic location. The information you need appears the way it's needed—itemized and accurate:
- Date, time and location of each purchase
- Description of products and/or services purchased
- Odometer readings at time of purchase (input manually)
- Truck stop miscellaneous driver-input field
- Fuel volume
- Price per litre
- Fuel taxes
- Total purchase amount
- Fuel summary by province
- Summary of purchases by card
Learn more about statement details at SuperPass Online‡
Odometer Readings & Driver Entry Field
Odometer readingsDrivers can key-enter their odometer readings with every fuel purchase. This information appears on your statement, giving you the ability to:
- Track and monitor individual driver/vehicle performance and distance travelled
- Pinpoint unusual fuel consumption caused by maintenance problems, driving habits, or potential abuse of the card
- Track distance travelled for vehicle maintenance planning
Driver-entry field at truck stops
You can ask your drivers to enter additional information at the time of transaction, such as unit number, trailer number, driver number, etc. This information appears on your statement and allows you to categorize and document expenses for better tracking.
Top of page
The SuperPass program gives you access to Canada’s best fuelling network: over 1,400 retail service stations and more than 225 Petro-Pass truck stops, as well as more than 500 full-service, 24-hour truck stops in the U.S.
Find retail service stations
Find Petro-Pass truck stops
Take advantage of other great features, such as one-card fuelling across the network and flexible billing and payment.
Flexible Billing & Payment
View your statements, monthly or weekly, online, by fax or by mail. U.S. truck stop purchases can be billed in either Canadian or U.S. currency. Choose from a variety of payment options:
- Automatic Bank Withdrawal (ABW)
- Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT)
- TelPay services
- Telephone/Internet banking
Connect directly to your individual drivers or to all your drivers by sending a message using your SuperPass Online account or by calling the Petro-Canada Customer Service Network (CSN) at 1 (800) 668-0220. Once the message is entered into the system, your drivers will receive their message both on the pump screen and printed on their receipts the next time they fuel up at any Petro-Pass truck stop in Canada.
Top of page
†Vehicle-assigned and single-station SuperPass cards with multi PINs are for use at Canadian service stations only. Vehicle-assigned SuperPass cards for use at Petro-Pass sites are restricted to a single PIN.
‡On July 26, 2009, Petro-Canada retail stations and Petro-Pass locations will no longer accept the SuperPass Club card. Find out about the current SuperPass program for your fleet fuel management needs. Have questions? Contact us at 1 (800) 668-0220.