Are you interested in running multiple retail locations? Petro-Canada offers an exciting opportunity for highly motivated individuals looking for more than the single-site retail experience.
What is a multi-site retail operator?
As a multi-site retail operator, you will operate approximately 10 to 12 retail locations in a defined geographical area.
Am I the right candidate?
A multi-site retail operator is someone who:
- Possesses strong leadership qualities and is able to attract, retain, lead and motivate a large team (potentially 75 to 100 staff)
- Ability to train sites managers and staff using a hands-on, shoulder-to-shoulder approach “show, try and do” where required
- Is proficient in English and/or French (both written and oral)
- Is results-focused, decisive, trustworthy, professional and respectful
- Has demonstrated exceptional service and image standards, merchandising techniques and is able to consistently execute on Site Operating Procedures
- Has fuel operations and convenience retail experience, preferably with five years’ experience in the same industry
- Has demonstrated strong financial analytical abilities, including profit and loss, and cash flow management
- Is a performance-driven individual who continuously excels at meeting goals and targets
- Has the initial capital investment (amount varies by location)
Investing in the opportunity
A Petro-Canada multi-site retail operator will provide financing that covers all or a significant portion of the investment requirements for the determined area.
The average total investment for a multi-site retail area is approximately $1 million and includes:
- Store inventory
- Security deposit for fuels — amount varies based on site size
- Working capital: payroll, supplies, utilities and other start-up costs
- First month licensee fee
- Equipment purchase/office equipment plus furniture
Petro-Canada has a financing package available that allows successful candidates to enter into a retail relationship with a minimum unencumbered cash deposit. Pending credit approval, the balance to be financed is borrowed from a Canadian chartered bank, subject to their approval. All retail operators are responsible for the repayment of the capital borrowed.
How to Apply
If your experience matches the skills and qualities outlined in the Am I the Right Candidate section above, please provide your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We ask that you include:
Contact us if you require additional information.
- Educational background
- Work experience
- Business references (employers or business contacts)