Become a Wholesale Marketer
The Petro-Canada™ Wholesale Marketer Program is a unique opportunity which allows qualified individuals to run a petroleum business with guidance from the Petro-Canada team.
Petro-Canada is the largest Canadian producer and distributor of petroleum products, with a brand name that is second to none.
When you become a Petro-Canada Wholesale Marketer you will join a large network of like-minded, success-driven entrepreneurs.
As a Wholesale Marketer you will:
- walk into an established business opportunity servicing multiple industries such as drilling, mining, farming, construction and home heating
- manage a fleet of fuel and lubricant delivery trucks operating in a defined geographic area with an existing customer base
- benefit from Petro-Canada’s brand strength
Quality products backed by
the Petro-Canada brand
Petro-Canada is a uniquely Canadian brand, with products built on advanced technology, quality and performance. Our world-class products have been seasonally and geographically adjusted to meet the demands of our Canadian climate.
We produce and supply quality diesel for all classes of trade, including: farming, drilling, forestry, mining, rail and marine. Our fuel products are designed to meet every type of Canadian weather condition.
We also supply furnace oils to keep Canadians warm during the winters. Our Petro-Canada branded ThermaClean™ additive is designed to keep furnaces burning clean.*
Our Marketers provide their customers with an extensive product service offering including:
Our world-class lubricants facility in Mississauga, Ontario is one of the world’s largest manufacturers of white oils, where we produce more than 350 quality lubricants, specialty fluids and greases. Petro-Canada Lubricants work better and last longer because they start from 99.9% pure base oils – among the purest in the world.
Our lubricants products are performing for many of the world’s leading companies in virtually every industry. Our products are available in over 80 countries around the globe.
Visit lubricants.petro-canada.com to find out more.
*Actual cleaning results may vary based on type, age and condition of furnace and furnace components.
What we are looking for in
a Wholesale Marketer
Our Wholesale Marketers are industry leaders
We seek individuals who recognize the importance of customer service and are willing to be accountable for their business.
Qualities and qualifications
You are someone with:
- a mindset of safety, above all else
- strong personal values
- excellent leadership and communication skills
- sales focused with strong negotiation skills
- the ability to foster working relationships across a wide range of customers
- time management skills
- effective business accounting and budget planning capabilities
- a willingness to learn
- computer software proficiency (i.e. Microsoft Office)
- petroleum handling and distribution experience (an asset, but not mandatory)
Petro-Canada strongly believes in supporting educational, cultural and environmental projects in local communities where Canadians live and work:
- We proudly support the Canadian Olympic and Paralympic committees.
- We are building strong relationships with Aboriginal communities.
- Petro-Canada and its employees, contractors and retirees continuously give back to local communities through financial and personal support to United Way organizations.
You will have the opportunity to establish links within your community by participating in one of our corporate initiatives or by getting involved with an organization that is important to you.
A minimum investment of $1 million, unencumbered*, is required for a Petro-Canada wholesale opportunity.
Banking programs are available to assist in your financing.**
Your investment includes:
- fuel and lubricants inventory – amount varies based on size of operation
- working capital – accounts receivable, payroll, utilities and other start-up costs
- equipment purchases – trucks, computer and office supplies, sundry items
- non-petroleum inventory
*An asset or property that is free and clear of any encumbrances such as creditor claims or liens.
**Individual approval subject to financial institutions’ criteria.